Step by Step Guide - Cleaning your Crafty
Ok we get it, cleaning isn’t exactly the most fun task, but it is one of the most important things to do in order to keep your vaporizer working as good as the day you got it. Plus you’re after forking out big bucks for a top of the range vape, you hardly want your investment to go to waste...
Ok we get it, cleaning isn’t exactly the most fun task, but it is one of the most important things to do in order to keep your vaporizer working as good as the day you got it. Plus you’re after forking out big bucks for a top of the range vape, you hardly want your investment to go to waste just because you didn’t bother to clean it now do you? Luckily for you, dear vaper, we have got you covered. This week we’re giving you a step by step guide to cleaning your Crafty Vaporizer by Storz & Bickel.
It is recommended to take the time to clean your vaporizer at least once or twice a week, but this very much depends on how often you use your Crafty. This goes without saying, that if you’re a heavy user of your vape then you will have to clean it more often, whereas less frequent users could give a quick brush over now and again. The first tell-tale sign we have found to indicate it’s time to clean your Crafty is when you experience what is called ‘harsh draw resistance’, which means your airflow is being restricted by a build-up on resin and old herb. Yep, you’ve guessed it - it is time to clean your Crafty Vaporizer.
What you’ll need:
How to clean your Crafty Vaporizer
1. Grab the brush included with your Crafty kit, as well as the packing tool which can be found at the bottom of your vape. Separating the different parts of the cooling unit will be easier to do when your device is warmed up, so preheat your Crafty for a few minutes at a low temperature before disassembling.
2. Using the tools provided with your Crafty, take apart all the removable pieces of your vape. Start by removing the cooling unit on top of the vape by unscrewing it from the device.
3. Rotate the mouthpiece until it comes loose and pops out. Next, remove the blue seal ring around it.
4. To release the cap lock on your Crafty, push it to one side and then pull the cap up on the opposite side.
5. Separate the top part of the cooling unit from the base to expose the two blue seal rings. Using your filling chamber tool, remove these blue seal rings and pop out the chamber screen.
6. Removing the lower screen in the filling chamber can be a tricky to do, especially when you do it for the first time. A great tip is to use the filling chamber tool to poke small dents in the screen. This will help the edges to come loose from the walls of the herb chamber, so it pops up and falls out quite easily.
7. Turn your device upside down over a paper towel and brush out any herb residue that was hanging out under the screen.
Take all removable parts of your Crafty (EXCEPT the cap lock - part with the Crafty logo - and the seal rings) and soak in isopropyl alcohol for 30 minutes, to loosen any sticky leftover debris. Never let your vape parts soak more than an hour!
8. While the removable parts are left soaking, dampen a cotton bud with a little bit of isopropyl alcohol and wipe down the insides of your herb chamber. The best way to avoid getting moisture in your vape is by cleaning the herb chamber with your vape upside down. Let the chamber dry by setting the Crafty upside down on a towel.
9. Insert a new screen into your herb chamber, pressing down lightly with your filling tool to secure it in place.
After an hour, rinse all the removable parts that were soaking in isopropyl alcohol with warm water and dry thoroughly before putting your vape back together. Any moisture trapped within the parts could cause damage to your Crafty, so be sure everything is completely dry before reassembling. Your Crafty is now up and running and ready for its final cleaning step.
10. Final step: Burn off cycle. The final step of cleaning you Crafty vape is to run a few burn off cycles with an empty herb chamber. This is very easy. Simply set your Crafty to max temperature and run a few cycles until you cannot smell any more alcohol.
- 7th floor
- Arizer Go
- Black Mamba
- da buddha
- davinci iq
- desktop vaporizer
- Desktop Vaporizers
- Fury 2
- G Pen Pro
- G Pro
- Guru by NamasteVapes
- Guru Vaporizer
- Haze Technologies
- launch box
- Magic Flight
- Namaste Accessories
- New Vaporizers
- PAX 2
- pax 3
- pinnacle pro
- pinnacle pro DLX
- portable vaporizers
- Silver Surfer
- Storz and Bickel
- Vapes in the News
- water tool